Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

A at home hair color mistake - any ideas how to fix it?



(photos of before and after below)



Ok.. My natural hair color is dark reddish blonde/very light reddish brown..



I've been dying my hair light ash blonde for years...



I was really bored with the blonde hair, so I bought Revlon Colorsilk dark ash blonde. It turned out darker than I expected, and had some grayish blotches.



So.. I bought Garnier Nutrisse, #69, "Intense Auburn".



I thought some burgundy red lowlights would be so pretty.



I ended up with bright red streaks.



I then thought going over it with Clairol's "Brass free blondes" in dark blonde with neutralize the red. It did, a tiny bit, made the color a little more dull. But.. I am still left with the streaks, as you will see in the photos I will be posting.



I have Colorsilk dark ash blonde, again, and am planning to try to re-dye. But..... Should I use a light ash blonde on the streaks first, and then the darker blonde all over?



(continued, in a sec)



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

go to a hair salon ofsome sort.



it may cost more money, but they will fix it



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

Oh my! Get rid of the red and go for the blonde again!



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

First of all, don't RE-dye it. You're just adding more color on top of the already botched dye. If you're going to re-dye it, you'll have to do it darker than the darkest color, and even then it won't be right completely.



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

i feel so bad for you!! i liked your hair color and your style in the frst pic!! the blonde one but the res streaks look bad im sorry.... i would say go to a salon or somepleace and ask to fix it... i also would try a new cut get some side bangs nd layers or sumthin it will look good but if u got to the salon im sure theyll kno how to take the red streaks out



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

Go to a hair salon. Box dye is really harsh on your hair- especially after dying it so much. Its easier to dye your hair dark with box dye then going blonde. If you insist on doing it yourself then do a strand test. Its probably not going to turn out then colour you want. If you dye blonde over blonde your hair will turn green.



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

Im a hairstylist and here are some of my thoughts. Im hoping that you haven't not done all this is one day. But on your lighter parts, but a shade or 2 lighter than the all over color. With the lighter color use on your lighter parts and let them process and then you may put the all over color on. That should make it all even but its really hard to give you advice when i cant look at your hair. I hope this helps......Good luck



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

my suggestion would be cut about 2 inches off the ends before you fry them off...then get a really good reconstructing cream (Joico K-pac) then I would say a light to dark brown with some subtle red high lights..it would look good with your complextion. good luck



Hair color disaster! Please help. (photos included)?

Hair Color mistakes: How To Recover



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/11/hair-...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate