Saturday, June 19, 2010

My hair color didn't work. Why?

I am a natural blonde. For the last 2 months, i have been using semi-permanent hair color (sometimes permanent too) to make my hair medium brown. the last time i used semi-permanent color was last week. Today, i tried to lighten it to Preference's "lightest ash brown" which is specifically for dark (natural and colored) hair. I followed the instructions perfectly, and then left it in about 10 more minutes, and there were no results whatsoever. How could this be? Any suggestions? I just want to make my hair a shade or two lighter so i can start letting my blonde roots grow in and get back to my natural color (medium to dark ash blonde). Thanks!



My hair color didn't work. Why?

Color does not lift color. You will have to use a bleach. But since you have been doing all that other to your hair I would strongly recommend going to a salon because you will have undertones to predict that will come through. You'll most likely end up w/ orange or bright yellow. A salon can predict and tone unwanted colors.



My hair color didn't work. Why?

The exact same thing happened to me recently. I've been trying to dye my hair platinum and none of the dyes work. My hair looks the same (my natural color).



My hair color didn't work. Why?

If you want go lighter with your hair you have to strip it first which means it will remove the dye color that you have now then you should dye your hair to the lighter tone you want.



My hair color didn't work. Why?

I would call Preference before you over process your hair and it starts breaking



My hair color didn't work. Why?

If you want to go back to your natural blonde, then never use any hair color of any shade of brown, no matter how light. They won't lighten. You have to jump to dark ash blonde right away. Eventually, it'll blend in. But to lighten the brown still left on your hair, only blonde shades will do that! You might even have to go lighter yet to lighten the brown. But go lighter one shade at a time and you'll find the balance at some point. I know because I had this problem myself!



My hair color didn't work. Why?

* Hair coloring tips



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/...



* Hair Dyeing Tips



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/...



My hair color didn't work. Why?

Color does not lift color. You will have to have the dye removed with a dye remover if you want to go lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate